4.07.2014

Lindsay.

I have a confession.

I'm rooting for Lindsay Lohan.

I know, I know. She is a hot mess. I know. Seriously. I. KNOW. 

But really, there is something about her that just seems so sad. And real. And genuine. And I feel like she really wants to be great and good and wonderful and she just somehow, somewhere lost her way.

Her new show on Oprah's network, OWN, premiered a few weeks ago and I am hooked. Within the first ten minutes I was reminded that her career started in 1997, with The Parent Trap. (Ohmygosh, how cute was she in this movie??!!) Flash forward 10 years to 2007...she had 2 DUI convictions, 36 months probation, and 3 stays in rehab. Whoa. But wait...there's more. From 2010 to 2012, she had a theft charge, violation of probation, and stays 4 and 5 in rehab.

Yowza. That's a lot, right? Like a crazy amount of no good. And a crazy amount of rehab. 5 stays in rehab?? I don't understand how that happens. I really don't. In one episode Oprah said, "You need to cut the bullshit. You really do. Just cut the bullshit." YES, Lindz. Yes. Cut it. And also, GOD, I love Oprah.

So yeah, I'm rooting for Lindsay. My wish for her is to just get it together and prove everyone wrong. I hope this opportunity with Oprah and her network is the wake up call she so desperately needs and desperately wants.

You can do it, Lilo! I'm cheering for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment